Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MPF Vision Plan is needed

Attended the Planning Commission to learn more about what the MPF Vision Plan might look like. The more I learn, the more excited I get. I think it's vital to set a vision, and then work towards that vision. Here are the 5 vectors I heard about:
tax base - fuels everything
historic district - how revive, refresh. Grants?
Mixed Use - zoning to allow Historic Square bldgs to be built today
Redevelopment Areas - see my previous post of likely candidates
Land Use Lower 80 - had to leave early so missed this dicussion

I would add: Sustainability and Health/Fitness as worthy aspirations

I LOVE a proactive stance on what we want to be when we grow up. Nolen's vision is essentially incomplete. And now's a great oppty to tweak and make relevant for the next 80 years.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment