Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hosting Coffee for Res D Zoning

I've decided to host a Coffee to dicuss Residence D. One of the 'Yes on D' organizers approached me last week to host an event. On one hand, I think we've talked a lot and most folks have made their decision. But, in the spirit of open, honest discourse and transparent communication, I think it's a great opportunity. So I'm in!

The event is Thurs 10/15 8:00PM. If you'd like to attend, pls let me know!

Cortney


email text
-----------------
The purpose of my email is to ask if you or one of your neighbors on Nolen Circle or Thorndike would be interested in holding a coffee meeting to discuss Residence D? FYI, I'm thinking sometime prior to October 15th.
I've participated in one such meeting to date - a meeting where 7 other people attended in order to learn more about Residence D and to discuss what its pros and cons might be. While I know you have gone on record as opposing Residence D I would welcome the opportunity to continue our dialog.
Generally speaking, a "crowd" of 8-10 people is as big a group as I would like to see gather for an hour or so. We can hold the meeting at someone's house or maybe outdoors either in someone's front or back yard. Having water, pop, and coffee available for guests is recommended but not essential. Having some food for nibbling is ok but is also not necessary.
Cortney, please advise me about your willingness to host a coffee or, if you decline, give me the names and email addresses of one or two other potential hosts. I will subsequently email them. In addition, I would be happy to call them.

2 comments:

  1. Cortney, I must say I'm confused. The email above mentions a "you" opposing Residence D, yet elsewhere I read you support everything but the precise roof height.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    I oppose D, and I signed the petition to get it on the ballot. And I've been "poked" by folks upset with me for doing so.

    While I have concerns about setbacks, parking, density, my primary opposition is height. Conceptually, condo living (hopefully more affordable than JP), and mixed use living is appealling. I think they fit within Emery's vision. But D is too flawed to get us there.

    Sorry I wasn't more clear.

    Cortney

    ReplyDelete