Friday, October 16, 2009

conversation with local realtor

Here's a transcript of an email I sent this evening.

Cortney
--------------------------------------
Didn't see your note until just now - sorry I'm just getting back to you. We had a good event with neighbors on Thorndike, East, West, and Nolen. Frank Raeon led a good discussion. You would absolutely have been welcome to join.

Here's my D position:
NEED
zoning is overdue - what was put in place in the 50's was bad for the Village. We need condo development, mixed use development. We need to increase our tax base. Non historic buildings that have been let fall apart should be replaced (although shame on Council for letting this happen). The unfair tax code on 2-4 families should be reviewed.

LEGISLATION
D's creation was amateurish. No standards, no science, no reapplying what works in other historic towns. D was created for, and I would argue BY Rick Griewe. It was rubber stamped through all the meetings, and the Thorndike/Nolen/East/West neigbhorhood's concerns raised again and again were ignored. Height is too tall, surface parking is a concern, setbacks are a concern, etc.

FUTURE
I'm confident D will be approved on 11/3, and I will respect the Voters' decision and support appropriate D projects. Rick's designs are attractive and of quality, and I will work with him to find common ground. Further, I'd like to see a Residence E that allows Multi use. If I can get traction, I'll try to introduce it.


Cortney
-----------------------
I read your blog and have been very much in step with your positions on majority of topics. That being said, reading your blog this morning I realized I misunderstood your position on "D". "D" to me is as important issue to Mariemont as the recent discussion of the changes to the schools. I want to understand your position better.

1 comment:

  1. Cortney here- quick edit to remove personal info of the original email. I'm laying bare my views, but I want to be sensitive to others.

    ReplyDelete