Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mariemont's District 4 Council Woman, Melissa Schmitt, is not seeking reelection this Fall. To replace her, our Village has a primary-like process called Town Meeting. Town Meeting will reconvene on Thursday July 16 to introduce the two candidates vying to replace Melissa, Carl Stich and me (7PM at the Resthaven Barn). Sunday, July 19 is the vote (11AM-5PM Resthaven Barn). The top vote getter becomes "Town Meeting Candidate", an unofficial endorsement. I'm hoping to be the Town Meeting Candidate, so to provide a little oomph as we head into the traditional Fall Campaign.

Loser (or any other interested candidate) has the opportunity to run "outside of Town Meeting" by registering directly with the County Board of Elections. If this happens, the Top vote getters will get candidate seats.

I was delighted that Melissa would approach me and suggest I run for her seat. I have had thoughts of running at some point but did not want to challenge Melissa, whom I feel has worked hard for our District and Village.

I'm excited about the challenge and look forward to this week! Lots will happen!!

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment