Sunday, October 31, 2010

Employee Survey Idea - not going to happen now

I think a broad Fire Dept Org Health Survey is good idea (all Village Employees really) considering all the change they've undergone in the past 12months. I think it's an effective tool used by Corporate America to understand what's really going on. P&G does it annually, and it becomes a key component (not the only one) to evaluate org structure, leadership performance, etc.

I could see a 2x annually survey of all Village employees, using a Survey Monkey/Zoomerang internet tool. We'd make it confidential and mask all results lower than 3ish respondents to protect anonymity. It's not the source of info for managers, but it is one. And knowing how tour employees really feel is important to me.

I brought this idea up and to be fair didn't position it well. I ruffled some feathers but wasnt my intent. Since then I've gotten feedback that it's a bad idea. I disagree but don't want to be accused of an end around so I will let it go for now.

I still believe in the concept and hope to resurrect it at some point.

Cortney

1 comment:

  1. Another great web survey site is http://www.websurveymaster.com/ it is similar to surveymonkey and zoomarang but we just like WebSurveyMaster a whole lot more.
    It is very easy to use, creates great professional looking surveys, and the results analysis tools are fantastic.
    Hope this helps!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete