Saturday, October 2, 2010

Council Meeting 10/02/10

I attended Council on Monday 10/2 and here's what I saw.

Leaf Pickup - I think we'll have major issues in mid October with Leaf Pickup, however we have no plans to begin picking up until Nov 1. We need to discontinue watering our new trees earlier than planned (prob ok since without leaves) and start up leaf pickup sooner. Don't extend the season, just shift it forward.

Zoning Change - Paul Wright followed up on his wife Peggy's letter to Council to call out concerns of the change. I support Paul & Peggy, and really feel for their home's impact by the change. I'll put aside my serious concerns of expanded surface parking and will focus on the exception we're making. I do not like exceptions, ever. Allowing one owner to skip important steps in the rezoning process means either all comers should be granted the exception, or we run the risk of litigation. If Mary Emery herself were to come to Council asking for an exception, I would not grant it. It's a dangerous, slippery slope, and I will vote no.

Executive Session - I confirm we stayed on track and talked only about the Lawsuit.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes, all of which were procedural.


Cortney

Video of Meeting
icrctv.com/mariemont

No comments:

Post a Comment