Saturday, October 2, 2010

9/23 Pub Works Committee Meeting

I attended the 9/23 Public Works Committee and here what I saw.

Lighting in Historic District. I agree we have dark spots in the Hist District and those lead to safety concerns. Fixing them is foundational to an improved neighborhood. I support new street lights where necessary. I support the historically accurate ones, knowing there is a price premium. I plan to reach out to the Emery Foundation to see if any money may be available, as was the case in 1985

Trash Contract. We have the choice to re-up with Rumpke in 2011 and 2012 without rebid. Max 3% increase per year. We are satisfied with the service we receive. After good discussion, there is not additional savings with the contract we have (rear yard). We'll keep this in place in 2011. One potential savings oppty. Lock in for 2 years with Rumpke at +3% then +0%. I like this idea.


Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment