Thursday, February 25, 2010

Zoning Change email to Council

Letter I sent to Council after Monday's meeting to clarify my Zoning Change position.

Cortney


-------------------------
All,

Wanted to clarify my comments last night re 9 Steps for a Zoning Change. Unfortunately, I didn't do a good job explaining myself - sorry for my clumsy delivery.

A 9 step Zoning Change process is like an Airplane with 9 Emergency Doors. Somebody at some time decided 9 was right, and the plane was built that way. By waiving any real requirement of Mr. Spinneweber, we're welding 4 of those doors shut, leaving 5 emergency exits. While I have confidence in Mr. Spinneweber as the pilot, we have fewer opportunities to bail out. I'm glad 5 remain, and I hope they're sufficient.

No action necessary, just wanted everyone to understand my position/concern.

Thanks,


Cortney
Mariemont Village Council

No comments:

Post a Comment