Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2/8/10 Council Meeting

Attended Council this past Monday. Very routine meeting. Of interest, Dan tightened up public comments rules. I would be a little more lenient, but I do appreciate the new podium and the rules explained beforehand.

I voted in the affirmative on everything. All were non-controversial procedural votes.

A citizen expressed interest in more services, not less. I asked him/her whether in light of a big school levy, would there be room for another small tax increase. She said yes.

First reading on Res Zone D final approval for Nolen Park and Emery Park. I so appreciate Rick's exceeding requirements for Parking, setbacks, density, but I campaigned against the 45' height (unchanged), so I will most probably vote No. Not a pound my fist no, but a no nonetheless. I hope those that disagree with me will at least appreciate my consistency.

Rules and Law will meet in 2 weeks to discuss how to get our hands on other Municipality's building code enforcement standards.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment