Friday, February 19, 2010

Council learnings

I've learned a lot in a short time. Much of it's not revolutionary but noteworthy.

1)Big issues show up quickly, but thankfully don't need to be / can't be resolved quickly. This is a good thing. Beaurocratic setup of govt is actually a plus.
2)I need to be choiceful on where I spend my time. Genuine opptys will pass me by. I couldn't capitalize on everything if full time, let alone part time.
3)Its not up to me. I will state my opinion, work to influence others, but at the end of the day, it's not solely up to me.
4)Change is hard, inertia is strong.
5)Its a marathon, not a sprint. I need to pace myself. And what's been nice are some cheers along the marathon route (louder than the few boos thank goodness)

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment