Sunday, February 28, 2010

Big Savings via Health Care "Pool"

I've been working with the Center for Local Government, a non profit that helps municipalities in SW Ohio by sharing data, pooling resources for better cost control, and training. We are not a member today, and dues annually is $2000. I believe we should be members. Here's an example:

Nov 09 Business Courier Article stated 10 communities bound together and saved an average of 18% on Health Care costs:
http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2009/11/23/story11.html

I worked with the folks at C4LG to see what our savings might be if we joined. Including dues, our savings was quoted as $42000 annually (18% of budget deficit without a reduction in services)! This will be shared in part among employees I would guess. Still, it's a huge number. I'm super excited about it.

Not bad for the new guy :)

Cortney

1 comment:

  1. New is underrated. Keep up the great work Cortney!

    ReplyDelete