Monday, January 11, 2010

Sworn in as of Saturday

Jeff, Andy, Joe and I were sworn in Saturday @ 12:00 by Dan. Quick ceremony but I had my kids there to watch anyways.

I asked about what to expect Monday and was told about the Bond (budget number that lives for 1 calendar year) a few appointments, and an idea to bring in Chief Hines as acting Fire Chief.

I had heard about this rumor, but I was surprised by the speed in which it's come to life. Here's the plan:
-Chief Hines gets is 36 hour Volunteer certification during a 180 day probationary period
-He becomes a desk-type Chief who doesn't fight fires
-Village saves 80% of current Chief's salary (20% ish salary bump for Chief Hines)
-Village may save cost of 2nd car
-Amberley Village and Oakwood (Dayton area) use this model

The Mayor wants to "move quickly" on this. I have some questions that I'll bring up tonight around Safety, Cost, and Communication. More on these in a future post.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment