Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Council Mtg 1/25/10

I attended the Rick Griewe presentation before Council, Council Meeting, and the Executive Session after Council.

Rick's presentation was thorough and professional. I like that he exceeded minimum standards for Parking. I like that it has no "back side", correcting a major flaw of Jordan Park. However I'm still concerned about the massing 45.0 feet to the roof peaks will yield. There will be 3 readings during Council to convert the properties to Zone D. I was openly critical of D this Fall and still oppose it. Question I'm wrestling with: do I oppose D, Rick's project, or both? I need to talk with homeowners in District 4 before the final vote.

Council was next. I still have serious concerns about a combined Fire and Police Chief. However, I'm pleased to see some more process being inserted into this idea. By that I mean we'll have Committee Meetings where we'll invite in experts. I hadn't heard this before. If we're methodical on this critical issue, we'll be more likely to get it right. For me weighing alternatives is key. So is removing personalities from this discussion.

I questioned Dan and Ed on allowing citizens to speak more than once. I feel like shutting down comments is heavy handed. So I asked, however I don't feel I was tactful enough. I sent a quick email apology - will attach in a posting.

I heard some pretty passionate discussion on Trash. We have work to do to get current contract right. And we'll need to tread lightly as we try to change for cost savings sake.

In terms of voting, I voted in the affirmative on on all procedural votes as there was nothing that was of concern to me.

Executive Session was last. My first one. It's a confidential meeting so I can't discuss, however I can confirm we stuck to the 1 Agenda Item: lawsuit filed against Village by a citizen.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment