Saturday, January 9, 2010

conversation with Resident

Had a great conversation with a Village Resident who's seen lots. I reached out to him/her with the hope of some insights as I show up for work on Day 1 without any real experience.

It was helpful so say the least. Lots of perspective on various topics ranging from Deer Hunting to Police Overtime to potential of Village Administrator to rumor of new "Safety Director" to why people in other communities are saying "Mariemont has slipped" to morale issues in Fire & Maintenance to to effectively navigating Council to reco of showing up with utmost Professionalism. And no, it didn't scare me away! I firmly believe there is so much opportunity and so much room to navigate that we can do lots of good work for the Village.

I'd like to meet every month or so. Such a wealth of information and experience.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment