Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1/11 council recap + voting

Long but helpful meeting last night. The big issue was the idea of having rick do two jobs police and fire. Lots of public comments for and against.

I felt I asked and said lots on this. For detailed comments see my earlier blog post or minutes. Andy, jeff, and I all had concerns. Joe didn't have comment. Dennis spoke in favor of the move.

As said last night, there is much I need to learn over the next 6-7 months.

Reports
Police-i asked about crosswalk violations. 2009 had 14 08 had 12. I asked the chief what can be done. I also asked about nixel and how the dpt was using it.

Committees
I got my first committee assignment to look into building code w denny malone. Important work but want to talk w landlords and mpf to make sure its balanced. Further, what carrots can be offered?

Website I've helped with should be ready for review in a few weeks. Looking fwd to this.

Voting
I abstained on accepting minutes since I was not present
I voted y for all other issues. None were controversial. Terry gaines (mayors court judge had his salary changed so to collect retirement but was neutral to village in terms of net cost. Accepting the bond aka appropriation of funding for cy2010 was also more procedural in nature. Don't agree or will accept $240k deficit but this is a start.

Cortney

Cortney Scheeser
Senior Analyst, Global Home Care & PGP
Phone: 513-983-0463
Mobile: 479-221-1752
Email, IM: scheeser.cm@pg.com

Please consider the Environment before printing this email

No comments:

Post a Comment