Saturday, January 9, 2010

Reach out to Fire Chief

As you know, the Fire Chief announced his abrupt retirement last month, effective this week. I think this is a failure on both sides of the relationship. There should be no 'resign in anger' happening in a sweet place like Mariemont. We need to do better all around.

I asked the Chief to meet with me and share his thoughts on how to "Heal" the Fire Department. Safety is vital, and I want guys and girls who love their jobs, love the Village on the truck. And I want to help provide an environment where this can happen.

Jack graciously offered to meet with me. I'll report back on what he says.

Cortney

1 comment:

  1. "Abrut retirement". Don't be so naive.

    Ask him about the State pension plan that allows these guys to "retire" a lot earlier than most of the residents. If the Chief is like most other retired public employees, he will wind up getting a new job to double dip.

    These Cadillac pension plans are a drain on Village finances.

    ReplyDelete