Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4/12 Council Meeting

I attended the 4/12 Council Meeting. Many things transpired:
-ICRC made a good presentation re recording meetings. We'll vote next time
-Mr. Spinnenweber will pay to upgrade new trees on Wooster from 3" to 4.5". A very generous gift.
-turn lane light at library approved! State of Ohio reversed their decision. This is a great development. The only downside is we have to pay.
-Rumpke promptly paid for repair to Patriot's Park. This shows me they're serious about our Business.
-We decided on Grass Cor as lawn service this year. We added a cancel clause in case of poor performance. This is a tough decision, but it will save an additional $6K or $7K vs Lawnscapers. I look forward to working with Lawn Scapers in the future.
-I made a motion to support the Schools. And after review by Ed Mctigue our Solicitor, it was deemed appropriate to be voted on. It was unanimously approved. This is a great show of support for our schools.

I voted in the affirmative on all issues. Lawn contract is a cost issue in my opinion (John S certified their ability to perform). Schools' future is intertwined with the Village's. I voted in favor of the Levy.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment