Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Imhoff and MM Schools are the communication model

A friend suggested I put a standard header sentence on each posting, to remind folks what I'm doing here: This blog is an attempt at honest, transparent communication with Mariemont's Citizens, with a goal of an educated, informed vote on 11/3.

I'm continually impressed by Paul Imhoff and the MM Schools for deftly handling a potentially very contentious building campaign. This is the model for how the Village should communicate with its Citizens. Proof - citizens rate Communication as Very Good/Excellent (summer 2009 online survey). Here's what I like in particular:
-videotaping all public interaction, and putting on the website SAME DAY!
-use of surveys to understand macro wishes/opinions
-all input welcomed, encouraged
-continually painting a picture of where we want to go, what we want to be
-servant leader attitude, humble
-noticeable effort to "tell me what you're going to tell me, tell me, and then tell me what you just told me". This is such an effective way to give less involved people the context needed to engage
-meeting with anyone, anywhere anytime

I think the result will be happy "Citizens", willing to invest in the Schools. Handled differently, this would not be the case.

Nice job, Paul and members of the School District.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment