Thursday, August 20, 2009

and then there were 6

This blog is an attempt at honest, transparent communication with Mariemont's Citizens, with a goal of an educated, informed vote on 11/3.

Hamilton County's 8/20 Ballot deadline has passed, and there are some surprises! Only 3 Town Meeting Candidates are on the Ballot - Scheeser, Miller, Black. I expected to see Kevin Veeneman's name. There are 3 additional candidates as well: Altman, Weinland, Anderson. This is very telling: change is in the air. Here's the official memo:
http://www.hamilton-co.org/BOE/inputdata/candidateissues/gen09caniss.pdf

I've got to be honest, I know only 2 of the 5 others: John Altman and I often ride the bus together, and Matt Weinland and I attend the same church. Both are thoughtful and upstanding. I need to meet and get to know the others, as well as Ms. Sullivan, and Mr. Wolter.

Other than write in candidates, this should be the list.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment