Sunday, October 2, 2011

Council 9/12

This recap is later than normal due in part to the passing of my mother on 9/21. I'm sorry about the delay.

I attended Council on 9/12 and here's what I saw.

Chili Event. Hats off to Andy for seeing this through. I like the idea and appreciate the efforts above and beyond "paying the light bill". Too often we get caught up in the day to day and never look forward or work on programming events. Nice job Andy.

Committee of Whole Bike Race. Again, really appreciated Andy's efforts. We do not follow a process as a body. Too often ideas are aborted before they can evaluated, due to the Mayor's stifling what he doesn't like. Andy pushed for transparency and due process, and I think it's awesome. I have concerns about this race, but dragging the discussion into the light is right!

"Warrior Mile" Concept. I'm excited about Fairfax + Mariemont + Mariemont City Schools working on a dedicated, safe route between the 2 Villages. It's something I hope develops over time, modest to start, more robust in the out years. More to come on this.

Parking Study. I look forward to the results, however my serious concerns remain.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes, as all were procedural in nature. One exception was O-17-11 which I voted yes. This I believe was street repairs on Miami. I will confirm this.

Cortney

ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment