Saturday, September 10, 2011

8/25 Comm of Whole

I attended the Committee of the Whole on 8/25 and here's what I saw.

Cyclocross event. I support the idea IF we have a bullet proof plan to restore the turf/landscaping. I think it's >$10,000 in repairs. I think traffic is manageable. I think the other concerns are manageable too. However the we must not underestimate the damage high pressure tires (narrow) on a multi lap course will cause. That being said, I don't think it will have support of Council to move forward.

UPDATE since the meeting. Lots of concerns are surfacing about the damage to the Village caused by the race. I think these concerns are legitimate.

Darlene early retirement. I like creative ideas, and I think all should be brought forward. I have concerns about the legality of propping up a salaray before retirement. I have concerns about transferring our responsibility to a state fund. This moves the problem but doesn't solve it. I do think, however, that we need to get more comfortable with concepts like Double Dipping, if they truly (fully researched) save the Village money. Thx Darlene for bringing this up.

UPDATE since the meeting. The lump sum income boost can't be used for retirement calculation so Darlene has withdrawn her idea.


Cortney

2 comments:

  1. Aint it typical...politicions wanting to boost income while us little folk are starviing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cortney here. Can you say a little more about this? At the end of the day, I appreciate Darlene's idea, and believe all ideas are worth reviewing. We may reject many, but considering weird ones is the only way we'll find that "right" one and survive the next few years as the State stops supporting local governments. We've got to think very differently....

    ReplyDelete