Sunday, October 2, 2011

Committe of Whole 9/26

I attended Committee of Whole on 9/26 and here's what I saw.

Process. Andy did a fine job forcing this decision into the light. As I've mentiond before, too many budding ideas are aborted too soon due to lack of process. We are better when we evaluate as a body.

The "Other" side. We don't see this often enough. I am glad folks showed up in favor. It shows who diverse our Village is.

Survey. There was some contentious back and forth on this. I didn't bring up, but I recall Dan saying he would survey the residents (which I support). This didn't happen, so I'll take some of the blame on it. I think we should survey residents when big, crazy ideas surface. Survey + Meeting Comments + ALL Correspondence is a good thing.

Event. If this event were a road race, I would fight to get it in Mariemont. All of the non-course issues/headaches called out are manageable. However, I have been swayed by many who brought up valid concerns about severe damage to landscaped surfaces. I think this is too aggressive/risky for our Village. I am disappointed I can't support the plan and voted no.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment