Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Town Crier Profile Completed

I completed my Town Crier Profile this evening. Please see below.

Cortney
----------------------------
two sentences about your background (maybe how long you've lived in the Village, education, employment, family, whatever you want)

My background: I represent District 4 as the Town Meeting Candidate, and I’m proud to have the endorsement of my District neighbhors. My wife, 3 daughters, and I moved to Nolen Circle, the best street in the Village, in the Summer of 2008.

1. Why did you decide to run for Mariemont Village Council?

I am running to affect change and to serve the Village of Mariemont. I have been active in, and/or close to many issues now facing the Village: Budgets, Zoning, Outsourcing of basic services, Schools Facilities masterplanning, Urban Forestry, etc. In each, I believe I could bring a fresh viewpoint and endless energy, yielding different and enhanced outcomes. Our Village deserves the best we can give it.

2. What makes you a good candidate for this position?

I am a good candidate because: 1)14 years of Business experience can help Mariemont operate more efficiently. P&G forces us each year to do more with less. While a struggle, we find a way! 2)Fresh Perspective. Mariemont is facing difficulty – fresh ideas are needed! Healthy tension caused by differing viewpoints is an opportunity to hone and improve outcomes. 3)Plugged in, thanks to my kids. While at Swim practice, a PTO Meeting, a Piano Recital etc., I talk to people. And it allows me to sense what's going on. 4)I am passionate about Mariemont and will work tirelessly for its Citizens.

3. What do you believe is the most pressing issue facing Mariemont and how would you work to solve it?

The biggest issue facing the Village is the Budget Deficit. 1)Enroll Citizens to help make the right, tough choices. We've begun this work at Scheeser.blogspot.com 2)As Village Employee Salaries and Benefits account for over 80% of the General Fund, review $1000 Council Salaries and the 2% Village Employee raises in a year where cost of living/inflation will be at or below 0%. 2)Pass through Rumpke's rate hike (August 2009) to Citizens via Garbage Sticker program, paired with Recycling/Composting education.

No comments:

Post a Comment