Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Enquirer Voter Guide submitted

I completed my Enquirer Voter Guide this evening. I haven't seen the final final, but I believe it will be an asset.

Cortney

-----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thevoterguide.org/

Age: 37
Occupation: Senior Business Analyst, P&G
Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Community Involvement: CYC Mentor 2003-2009, Crossroads Community Church, Mariemont School Facilities Committee

Endorsements: Mariemont Town Meeting Candidate, District 4; Melissa Schmitt, sitting District 4 Council Woman
Campaign Message: Mariemont needs fresh ideas and perspective to set a vision for the future, address difficult budget concerns, and refocus council's role as a transparent servant of the people.

Why are you running: I am running to affect change and to serve the Village of Mariemont. I have been active in, and/or close to many issues now facing the Village: Budgets, Zoning, Outsourcing of basic services, Schools Facilities masterplanning, Urban Forestry, etc. In each, I believe I could bring a fresh viewpoint and endless energy, yielding different and enhanced outcomes. Our Village deserves the best we can give it.

What makes you the best candidate: I'm the best candidate for a number of reasons: 1)14 years of Business experience can help the Village operate more efficiently. For instance: P&G forces us each year to do more with less. It's always a struggle, but we always find a way! 2)Fresh Perspective.The Village is facing difficulty – fresh ideas are needed! I believe a healthy tension caused by differing viewpoints is an opportunity to hone and improve ideas and outcomes. 3)Plugged in, thanks to my kids. When I’m at Swim practice, a Soccer Game, a PTO Meeting, a School Facilities Meeting, at a Track Meet, at Y Guides/Indian Princesses etc. I talk to people. And it allows me to sense what's going on. 4)I am passionate about Mariemont and will work tirelessly for its Citizens.

-----------------------------

original invitation email

Dear Cortney Scheeser, The Cincinnati Enquirer would like to invite you to participate in our 2009 election voter guide. We would like your responses by Sept. 15. This year we are creating an online voter guide where voters can compare your positions with those of your fellow candidates. We are using a Web-based system to pose questions to you and other candidates and collect your responses. You can post your replies yourself, in your own words so that voters can gain a clearer impression of who you are and of the platform on which you stand. We would like your answers to the following questions: * Why are you running?* What makes you the best candidate?

No comments:

Post a Comment