Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cortney Scheeser, TV Personality

I had my "closeup" this evening. I shot a 5 minute Public TV spot for the Fall election. Nerve wracking, but I think I did well. Good enough for 1 take! It'll show on the internet and on a Public TV rotation beginning end of the month. Here is the outline of my remarks:
------------------------
Intro
Background
-Town Meeting Candidate District 4
-Married and have 3 kids at MM Elem
-Business Analyst at P&G
Priorities
-Many difficult issues
-Focus on 3
-Budget
+most important issue
+live within our means
+example: reevaluate 2% raises (>80% of General Fund is Salary+Benefits). Unpopular but better than layoffs
-Zoning
+Support mixed use and condo development
+Need a way to improve run down properties
+However need to balance with preexisting Home owners
+40' height max is a better balance vs lower bungalows and cape cods
-Transparent Communication
+Council work for the Citizen
+Citizen is Boss
+We owe it to them to overcommunicate
+Need more avenues of communication both ways
+Trying to lead by example via my blog
Excited about the opportunity
Please vote for me in Nov

No comments:

Post a Comment