Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall Campaign - join forces or go it alone?

I have been lucky enough to have been asked by more than 1 candidate if I was interested in working cooperatively during the Fall Campaign. I'm a fan of these guys, and I agree on a lot of the issues with each.

In the end though, I've decided, with great input from my wife, to do my own thing, and sink or swim on my own attributes. If all goes well, I look fwd to working with these guys come January.

Text of email below:
--------------------------------
I enjoyed very much the lively conversation at Starbucks on Sunday. I especially liked how overtly public it was. No Secrets - Transparency!! I committed to coming back to you with how I plan to campaign this Fall:
-run my own Marketing as an individual (flyers, conversations, and speaking engagements only - signs are a maybe)
-help you by highlighting where we agree on important issues, as well as build you up as a positive change agent for the Village (opptys in speeches, conversations, my blog)
-take all Marketing and Endorsements that come my way from Town Meeting. I worked hard for this and am excited about it.

I hope this doesn’t cause difficulty in your Fall Campaign. At the end of the day, I like our chances regardless of how Marketing gets done. Pls call me at 983-0463 or on my mobile if you’d like to chat further.

Related, I’ll buy the Absentee Ballot Service from the County. And I’ll commit to sharing w/ you on a daily basis the info I receive. Has it already been purchased? If not, I’ll do it today/tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment