Monday, December 10, 2012

Council 11/12/2012

I attended Council on 11/12 and here's what I saw.

Good work by our Police and Fire.  There were multiple examples of excellence shared.  We're lucky to have great men and women keeping us safe.

Expanded School zone.  I think the resident's idea of an expanded school zone on Madisonville Rd is a good one.  West Street can be dangerous.  I am concerned, however about expanding it all the way to the 6 way stop (well away from the building) since it will unnecessarily complicate the Roundabout discussions.  I hope this isn't being used as an excuse to reject the RAB proposal.

Forest Green bid.  I look forward to considering Thurs/Fri pickup options in future bids to save the Village money.  I think level of service is fine, but with an active education program, we ought to consider creative ideas like day of the week.

$9000 savings of Forest Green vs Rumpke in 2013 (apples to apples comparison).  I think $9000 is meaningful and wish we would consider this.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes (procedural and personnel renewal-type) except for Rumpke in 2013.  I think we should save money where we can.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM



No comments:

Post a Comment