Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Council 12/10

I attended Council on 12/10 and here's what I saw.

Redo of eastern Wooster Pike Gateway (@ Indianview).  I think we can do better than what was there before the traffic accident.  We ought to use this as an opportunity to integrate, landscaping, electrical, lighting, signage, etc to make that gateway into the Village more pleasing, and possibly safer.  The resistance to 1) a reasonable question and 2) free volunteer effort is disappointing

Easement for Dale Park.  I'm supportive of a 50/50 maintenance relationship for the paved portion of the property.  I am ok with an exclusive use easement for the area directly behind the building (near picnic table)

New Zoning Code.  I agree more can be done, and this is a logical step in the right direction.  However, I don't understand why Rules and Law took up this task in 2009 and now it's going through Zoning.  Consistency is very important - I trust it doesn't have to do with the current Chairperson of Rules & Law.

Limiting Parking.  I support this, and Dennis should be commended for the huge amount of effort, however full painting of our historic granite curbs and/or unattractive signs are problematic.  I think we need a more creative solution that delivers the same result - egress for our trucks.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes (administrative in nature) except:  Limited parking - the "What" is right, the "How" isn't acceptable.  We can do better.  I voted for the HB601 (income tax responsibility goes to State).  I don't know the particulars of this issue, but local control seems to be working well.  Easement is ok - helps Dale Park to remain a school.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM



No comments:

Post a Comment