Monday, October 8, 2012

9/24 Council

I attended Council on 9/24 and here's what I saw

Frequency of Council Meetings.  I support Joe S's idea.  I think we can do longer meetings less frequently and save the Village money (less transcribing, less billable hours), as well as improve the job description for would-be Council persons.

Miami Hill sidewalks.  I look forward to continuing to extend the sidewalk up the hill.  The work looks great and I'm glad a resident on that street is encouraging further expansion.

Banners.  We should be smart about finances, but I would love to see Village banners flying on light poles on the square.  I would assume high quality materials would resist UV and wind for multiple years.

Cincy Bell savings.  While I'd like to see further savings achieved by a longer contract term, this is a nice savings oppty for the Village.  I support a 36 mo contract.

Coyotes.  I think education is absolutely the right first step.  From what I have researched, and from what the Humane Society of the US has informed Council, education is ALL that is needed.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as all were procedural in nature.

Cortney
icrctv.com


No comments:

Post a Comment