Monday, October 22, 2012

10/8 Council

I attended Council on 10/8/2012 and here's what I saw.

Mayor/Chief Shanks.  His commitment to the Village was huge, and the Village is what it is today in part because of his service.  Thank you Chief Shanks.

Plat of Annexation.  This is the first I've heard anything on this topic.  And it's concerning, since once again, full Council been left in the dark.  The idea is questionable at best, so the lack of communication is all the more troubling.

Landslide.  While I'm glad we're addressing part of the problem, we have a huge issue of fallen trees damming the creek.  The erosion problem will continue without a big intervention.

New Theater.  I'm glad the expansion is happening.  The Theater is one of 2 symbolic businesses on the Square, and I am glad the theater's expansion is moving forward.

Backwards parking in the Village.  A resident brought this up and I agree with him.  Backwards parking is unsafe and unsightly.  We should remedy this.

Parking restrictions due to Fire Truck egress.  This is important work, and I hope we're sensitive to resident's input and to the historic granite curbs.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes, as all were procedural in nature except:  Tax levy certification which is normal and happens every year.  Public Works money for the erosion issue - it's smart to use State/Fed money if we can.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM





No comments:

Post a Comment