Monday, October 22, 2012

10/8 Econ Development Committee Meeting

I attended the Economic Deve Committee meeting (I'm not a member of this Committee) and here's what I saw.

I continue to have heartburn over Annexation.  We take whatever we want and treat our neighbors badly:  conversion of Murray Ave to 1 way without engaging Col Twp, ignoring requests to meet for months to consider a proposal for a Roundabout with Col Twp are 2 examples.  I had hoped to work WITH Columbia Twp and others vs TAKE FROM.

Further, we must fully understand the revenues and the costs.  I don't believe we have any sense of costs.  Mutual Aid to the Ace Hardware is one thing - we come if we can.  Having to respond as the primary responder will add costs.  I would expect this will eventually become a request to add employees and/or vehicles.  Add on the huge costs Newtown has incurred during it's Annexation process, and I'm not sure of a payout.

I continue to wait on the compelling piece of evidence that suggests this is a good idea.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment