Sunday, June 10, 2012

5/29 Council Meeting, updated

I attended Council on 5/29 and here's what I saw.

Pool programming enhancements.  I really like the energy and creativity of the Pool Board.  Events like Movie Night are awesome.  We should be doing more programming like this to better leverage Village assets like the Pool.  Well done.

Tennis Adult Parties.  Like the Pool Board, the Tennis Association is also upping it's programming.  I think it's fair to treat pool and tennis the same, and so a similar party is appropriate.

Local Phone Savings.  I continue to be troubled by a >$600/mo phone bill from Cincy Bell.  On a hunch, assuming this number is full of inefficiencies and unused services and no one on the payroll to look into it, I approached them and asked them for their best deal in light of much cheaper technology out there like VOIP.  For instance, at my house, we no longer use Cincy Bell, rather we use an internet appliance and save a ton.  Their Sales person was very helpful and showed me some great alternatives THAT MAINTAIN SERVICES WE USE TODAY at a significant savings.  While we can save even more by a more radical solution, I think the blowback would be significant and lead to more trouble than it's worth.  So, optimizing the "copper wires" as the Salesman said is my recommendation.  Specifically, locking in a long term loyalty-type contract which he assured me we can renegotiate if something changes is a win for both us and Cincy Bell.  A 60mo contract will save us around $220 before taxes and fees which is great.  I'll get the official contract in the hands of Finance, and we can start saving this Summer.  A fun project for sure, and one that pays nearly 3x my salary every year.


I voted in the affirmative on everything as all were procedural except:  Liquor License suspend for Tennis Party.  As stated above, I think it's a fair request.  And it helps us better utilize our assets.



Cortney
ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment