Sunday, June 10, 2012

6/6 Emergency Council meeting

I attended the emergency Council meeting to discuss Belmont Traffic light on Wed and here's what I saw.

I am supportive of a $19000 study however I think the light will encourage traffic and backups on Settle in the short term.  But I'll defer to the majority of residents I've heard from on Settle.  And this first step is only study and design.  Assuming the light is truly paid for by Fairfax' grant, and the study shows overwhelming need, and the vast majority of residents continue to support it, I don't love an additional light, but I'll not vote against it.

The bigger decision, and my takeaway, is the additional future traffic calming proposed.  There are some big time side effects of a dead ended Settle Rd.  I'm supportive of a solution for Settle that doesn't hurt adjacent streets and doesn't completely close off Mariemont from its neighbors.  More to come on this in the coming months....

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment