Wednesday, June 2, 2010

attended Police Appreciation Dinner

I attended the Civic Association 10th annual Police Appreciation Dinner last week. It was a great reminder of the sacrifice and risk our law enforcement officers endure for us. Congratulations to Officer Lay for receiving Officer of the Year award this year.

Now that Chief Hines presides over the Fire Dpt too, I'd love to see a similar recognition of our Fire fighters and paramedics next year. I put a note in my calendar for next Jan to bring it up.

Cortney

2 comments:

  1. They use to have a dinner for the FD, only once or twice I think. Civic assoc is new to it. Mayor got them involved after he was booted from the Kawanis. They are the ones that started the dinners for the public safety personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certain, it is a great reward to be honored by your community considering so much is on the line each time the police, firefighters and paramedics go to work, and we should never stop showing our appreciation. However, my fear is that we will not have any firefighters to thank in our community if they all keep leaving due to the illwill & poor leadership of our mayor.
    I am saddened to hear, through the EHJ especially, that Matt Morgan resigned from his position with the MFD. Assistant Chief Morgan deserved better from our leadership, he was part of my history here as a citizen. He served me and my children in distress as a first responder (March, 2002 & September, 2008)and in pleasure at the firehouse for school fire safety awards and many visits. Our community should be saddened with his resignation and that of Jeremy Bauserman and the others. We should also be frustrated and outraged by the lack of respect shown to their service by excluding this announcement from the Mayor's June letter which seems to serve him as more of a community paid editorial. We should all be questioning what the issues are in our community and why there is such lack of respect for our heros and our citizens.

    ReplyDelete