Monday, June 21, 2010

Attended Health and Rec 6/14

I attended the Health and Rec Committee Meeting this past Monday, where we discussed Trash Contract process as well as Pool improvements

Pool
We agreed to expand the concrete slab near the concession stand but asked the Pool commission to tighten up their estimate for playground equipment. As long as we research opptys to save by bundling with ABB Park, I'm supportive.

Trash
We started to layout how we'll do the Trash contract. I think smaller Fee increase + bigger sticker increase is the right way to go, but I don't think the resting financial stability on Trash fees is fair. Knowing what little I know about the program, here's where my head's at: 25%ish increase in fees and maybe go to one fee schedule vs 2 today. and make stickers $1.50 or $2. I would also like to see community education to offset some of the increase. I would like to see a date set well in advance for folks to buy stickers at low price. I would like to crank up our recycling as well, though not sure how to do it. I'm looking fwd to digging into this important topic.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment