Saturday, March 13, 2010

Public Works Committee Recap

I attended the Public Works meeting last week to decide on Mowing Option and Provider.

Option
-We decided on 35 mowings at a set price
-1x per week throughout the year. 2x per week at Bell Tower Fields only
-last year we paid for 2x per week through the Spring
-option to pay per drink in excess of 35
-assuming no extra "drinks", we'll save over $20,000 vs 2009

Provider
-I wanted to go with the 2nd lowest bidder but was outvoted 2-1 (Lawnscapers #3 of 12)
-My choice would have saved the Village an add'l $5000
-John S eliminated Lowest Bidder but confirmed #2 would have worked
-John S made the point that all savings should be chased, and I agree with him
-Lawnscapers met expectations last year and continuity will be an asset

Not sure if I'm supposed to sign the Committee Report or not....

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment