Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Council recap 3/8

I attended council on monday night. Of note:

I still have concern re spinnewebers 4 familys next to mios rezoning and our lack of teeth 4 of 9 steps in. We're approving something without a plan on property not owned by the applicant. If these steps aren't needed, eliminate them. I did not vote no because at this point I can't react to anything. And I accept the committee report as submitted. We need specificity quickly.

We continue to have rumpke issues tearing up the grass in patriots park. John swisher suggests a new provider rather than a hardscape solution. We&'ll take this up in public works this summer.

Public comment rules. I voted yes only because of icrc. There was concerning talk about icrc being scrutinized. I'm supportive. If icrc falls through though, we'll need to review newly passed rules.

Griewe nolen park/emery park Zone d. I should have commented in the meeting warning of my no vote. Mr griewe has a beautiful building that has nice green space and exclusively underground parking. That said, it is too tall to touch a residential neighborhood from the 1940s/1950s. My vote doesn't change anything but is a statement on the importance of fitting into its surroundings. 45' next to the inn is very different and it would not necessrily be a concern.

Voting
I voted in the affirmative on everything except zone d for nolen park/emery park.


Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment