Sunday, September 22, 2013

Safety Committee Meetings 8/13, 8/25

I attended both Committee meetings (same topic) on 8/13 and 8/25 and here's what I saw.

"HAWK" Light @ Belmont and Wooster.  I support this concept.  This is the 2nd light planned for the Village that stops vehicle traffic at a crosswalk while pedestrians cross (other will be on Plainville near the Elem).  While there is a cost to the Village, not to exceed $40K, I think it's right for a number of reasons:
-The cost includes new adjacent sidewalks and an upgraded island
-Village has $9,900 in unspent sidewalk funds in 2013
-Village didn't expand sidewalks in 2013
-$40K may cost $20K-$30K net with insourced design by our Engineer
-This is a main crossing point for the Safe Routes to School program
-The light won't cause noticeable backups

I'm supportive of trying this out.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment