Friday, June 21, 2013

Council 6/10

I attended Council, and here's what I saw.

Belmont Stop Sign.  I dislike the aesthetic hit this will cause the street/neighborhood (my comment did not make the official Minutes), but the residents there are supportive, and the hill make for a dangerous situation.  A stop sign is a reasonable solution

Haines Stop Sign.  Many street intersections in the Village do not have a Stop sign, and I'm not sure Stop Signs sprouting up all over the Village is necessarily the right answer.

No Exec Session for JEDZ.  I'm very disappointed we again are not discussing the opportunity to partner.  That said, we need to follow the law and heed the advice of our Solicitor.  I am concerned our response will be only a letter from the Mayor.  I believe we should make a bigger, bolder statement.  We need to reach out in a genuine way.

JEDZ, cont.  I love the idea of partnering with other Communities via a Joint Economic Development Zone.  A JEDZ will pay us to not Annex, which I believe is huge risk and headache avoidance.  Newtown has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to Annex on Wooster Pike, and I don't care for the first responder & support responsibilities we pickup post Annexation.  This is a great opportunity for the Village, and we need to chase this.  Let's build into the Region and partner with Columbia Township.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes, as all were procedural in nature.  Exceptions - appointments to boards, where I will happily support volunteerism.

Cortney
icrctv.com




No comments:

Post a Comment