Friday, June 21, 2013

5/13 Council

I attended Council on 5/13, and here's what I saw.

Stronger Finances.  It's nice to see the Village's health return after a few really tough years (saw firsthand 2010, 2011, 2012).  Joe S's right - lots of great work by employees + smart cutting by Dan and Council.  We're in a position of strength, and our opportunity is to double down and continue to root out waste and search out revenue opportunities.

Stronger Finances part 2.  2014 will be the final draw down of state revenue reductions which began in 2012.  We're nearly there, but we need to remain vigilant.

Federal Review of Eastern Corridor plan.  I think this is good news, and it shines a flashlight into what appears is an incomplete, flawed process.  Joe S and Dan continue to do good work on the part of the Village.

Denise last meeting.  I wish Denise all the best.  I enjoyed working with her and am sad to see her go.

Mary Ann first meeting.  Welcome to Mary Ann.  I look forward to partnering on projects this year.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes, since all were procedural in nature.  Exception:  2014 budget.  While we don't spend enough time on this line by line, the % growth projections provided by Tony were reasonable.  And with the Financial tail wind as described above, it makes sense to support.


Cortney
ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment