Friday, June 21, 2013

6/6 Safety Committee

I attended Safety on 6/6 and here's what I saw.

Belmont Stop sign.  While leery of the proliferation of Stop Signs (and signs in general) about the Village, I can't disagree with the need for this one.

Dog/Cat leash law.  I don't understand the impetus for this.  I know of no issue with leash law violations re Dogs, and I'm not sure Council climbing into the private lives of residents is right.  If your dog is under your control, with or without a leash, then what's the issue?  I also dislike writing laws that say dog off leash ok here and here, but not ok there and there (and corresponding signs that will surely pop up).  The conversation evolved to Cats, a very different situation.  No safety issue, but a nuisance one.  Again, why are we acting?  What is the real need?  I committed to do sensing with Residents to see what we should do.  The Committee agreed to reconvene in a month.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment