Monday, July 9, 2012

Council 6/25

I attended Council on 6/25 and here's what I saw

Public Works recoing a contractor for Albert Pl sidewalk.  We've talked this issue and agreed in the meeting to reco Swisher as lowest and best.

Phone Savings.  This will save the Village $2000-$3000/year without loss of service

Utility Aggregation.  While there is some hesitation among Council, this feels like a no brainer to me.  Privacy is maintained, choice is maintained.  I estimate as much as 10% of our Duke Bills can be saved.  Resident savings is in addition.  We have to make these types of sacrifices if we have any hope of balancing the budget

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as all were procedural in nature except:
-Tennis Liquor license for Adult party.  It's reasonable to treat Pool and Tennis the same.  I support activities that better/more fully utilize our assets

-Belmont Signal study.  I'm not sure what will come of this, but I'm ok to spend Village money to learn more.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment