Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Council 12/12

I attended Council on 12/12 and here's what I saw.

Armed Robbery in the Village. This is very concerning, and unfortunately the Police can't be everywhere. My ask of the citizens - report criminal activity immediately. in this case, it wasn't reported for 1+ hours, and it hurts the Police's chances of finding the bad guys.

Darlene's move to part time. I appreciate Darlene's creative solution to our ongoing budget problems. And this appears to avoid the worry of a double dip scenario. I am supportive of this setup and I think we should take this oppty to keep 1.5 full time equivalents in the tax office vs 2.0 today.

Appointments - lots of volunteering is a great thing for the Village. It's pretty easy to support these instances.

Frank Raeon termination on Arch Review Board. I believe Council should be informed when a volunteer is let go. Volunteers are hard to come by and we should be made aware.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as they were procedural in nature. Darlene's part time role within the salary ordinance was the exception, however I think part time is a reasonable request and good for the Village.

Cortney

ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment