Saturday, December 14, 2013

Council 11/25

I attended council on 11/25 and here's what I saw.

Interest bearing accounts.  I'm glad to see energy put into investing here. Our balances are too big to not earn meaningful money on them.

FEMA plan.  I'm supportive of this since it's really only an administrative action. It positions us for help if we ever need it and doesn't require anything of us other than document submission.

Leash law.  I don't understand the fervor over this. Our law is aligned with Ohios, it was tweaked just 10 years ago (vs 50) and of the many people I talked with, no one saw need to change. I don't disagree there are issues from time to time, but when this happens, we ought to simply enforce the law as it stands.  Further, too chunk out the village into a few parks where off leash is ok but not in partial areas and not during ball games.  This is a recipe for confusion and arguably MORE safety problems, not less. Add in more signs and it strikes me as the wrong approach.  As an aside, I sit around a table of unabashed Conservatives, and this action is at a minimum, ironic.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as they were procedural in nature. Exceptions: mutual aid agreement which is smart and can lead to savings.

Cortney
ICRCtv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment