Monday, November 11, 2013

Council 10/28

I attended Council on 10/28 and here's what I saw.

South 80 Advisory group.  I like the diversity of the folks selected.  I don't particularly care for the group reporting to the Mayor (continues to concentrate power when we ought to be diluting it), but there's lots of work needed down there.  And an advisory group is another step towards a mature park that's harder to bulldoze for a highway.

Holiday Pay.  I think sharing in the recent upswing is fair.  Employees did bear a brunt as salary increases disappeared.  I do, however, think that we risk complacency in these plentiful times vs ingrained cost control.  The years of pain we experienced post the Great Recession ought not be episodic - it ought to be the new normal.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as all were procedural in nature except:  Hawk Light on Wooster – I think it’s worth investing and am supportive.  Contracting w Public Works commission – more procedural than the name implies.  The final 2 were related to the Employee holiday pay additions of which I’m supportive.

Cortney

ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment