Monday, November 25, 2013

11/11/2013 Council

I attended Council on 11/11, and here's what I saw.

Using Emergency.  While "Emergency" votes (3 meetings worth of comment condensed into 1 meeting) are sometimes a necessary evil, I am concerned it wasn't on the agenda as such.  Changing the class of the vote after an agenda is published essentially boxes out all who wait for the normal 2nd meeting to make their comments.  I understand the need to tap into grant money and speed up the process, and so I supported the vote, but I remain conflicted about this.  As I've relayed often in this blog, WHAT we do is as important as HOW we do it.

South 80 Trails group.  If residents wish to volunteer, I applaud the effort and will support them in any way I can.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as all were procedural in nature except: creation of S80 group which I mentioned above.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment