Monday, October 14, 2013

Safety Committee 9/23

I attended the Safety meeting on 9/23 and here's what I saw.

Stop Sign at Haines.  I was informed there hadn't been an accident as we were originally led to believe.  However, I was told there have been near misses, and the neighbors are supportive.  Further, I agree with Joe's suggestion of a comprehensive project vs piece meal work.

I was dismayed to hear the Mayor had already ordered the sign to be installed - it was in place w/ a garbage bag BEFORE the Committee even met to discuss.  This is a great example of the imbalance the Village faces, and the lack of boundaries exhibited by the Mayor on a daily basis.  Regardless of our Committee's recommendation, this installation was wholly inappropriate.

While I hate additional signage and the clutter it adds, and I object to the pre-installation of the sign, I think it's warranted.  I support the additional sign.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment