Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Council 4/08

I attended Council on 4/08, and here's what I saw.

New Building Commissioner.  Welcome to Kirk Hodulik, and a big thank you to Dennis Malone.  Thank you for your many years of service.

Denise's resignation.  I'm sad to see Denise go.  I enjoyed working with her.  I wish her luck in her next chapter.

Rebuilt Blinking Light @ Indianview.  I'm excited about the enhancements to the island, mainly more attractive LED lights, which will sip <1 an="" be="" case="" energy="" experimentation="" for="" important="" incandescents.="" leds.="" nbsp="" of="" p="" s="" test="" the="" this="" village="" w="" will="">
Carl Stich resignation.  I appreciate all of Carl's service to the Village.  I wish him well.

Resident's comments.  I support the use of older life guards vs young teens during the adult pool party.  Related, I do support the pool party, as it's a well attended, and I feel a positive event for the Village.

Tennis Rate Hike.  This rate hasn't changed in nearly 20 years, so a large % increase is warranted.

Online payment.  We're overdue on this no-brainer topic.  I hope we do not miss this opportunity to continue a valued service.

Jordan Schad.  Welcome to Jordan who will take on additional responsibilities as Ed draws down his hours.  Jordan is a great choice.

Website redo.  I find it troubling that the Mayor would rather pay an outside vendor than allow the undesireable Jeff Andrews, an IT professional, do it for free.  A website's shelf life is months, not 3 years, so we're due for a revamp.  The previous site (pre 2010) was nearly unusable, and today's site is light years ahead.  To blame Jeff for issues with the site shows a real lack of understanding of the technology, the architecture, and the division of labor.  It's not unlike criticising the replacement window installer because you don't like the view it provides.  Who's tax dollars will pay for the incremental cost?  Mine?  Yours?  Terribly unfortunate, not to mention, AVOIDABLE.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as all were procedural in nature.  Exceptions - pay raise windows going up for employees.  I think this is reasonable.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM


 

No comments:

Post a Comment