Wednesday, May 8, 2013

4/22 Council

I attended Council on 4/22 and here's what I saw.

Patty Busam taking over for Darlene Judd in the Tax Office.  I look fwd to working with Patty, and I think Darlene for her many years of service.  Patty can be a wealth of info coming from a different Municipality, and I hope we can take advantage of her "fresh eyes" phase.

Continued online payments.  I'm surprised this great service was ever in jeopardy, but Finance and full Council did the right thing.  This is an important service, and if we craft it correctly, the additional cost per transaction to the Village should be more than offset by savings via fewer Employee touches.

Paving for 2013.  I fully support this proactive plan, and I hope we can find worthy projects (Sidewalk or Street) for the $9900 underage.

Levys. Renewal of these is pretty straightforward.  While I think we should do the good work of study and possibly consolidation (as Jeff suggested), maintaining our revenue is right.

Proactive calendar to reduce Emergency votes.  I fully support a more rigorous calendar so there are fewer surprises.  As I understand it, the Mayor is in the drivers seat.  As he's made it clear only he can direct a Committee, I'll look to Dan to alert Committees in advance so we have proper time to act.  A little pressure on Committees to turn over recommendations quickly is fine and welcome (from my POV).

I voted in the affirmative, as all were procedural in natures.  Exceptions:  new truck, which is reasonable.  Levy Renewals which I support as mentioned above. Pool liquor exception - don't love the emergency, but I think this event has been good for the Village.  New Tennis rates - The Tennis commission supports this "Catch Up" price increase, and I defer to their opinion.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment