Sunday, September 23, 2012

8/27 Council

I attended Council on 8/27 and here's what I saw.

Historical Expert's comments re Eastern Corridor.  I applaud his research and investigation, and I think this is the most compelling defense the Village has against the Eastern Corridor cutting through our South 80 acres.  The Eastern Corridor's path will negatively affect the quality of life for our Residents - we must work to find an alternative.

Resident's comments re mowing.  I think we chose "even billing" because of the dry years balanced vs wet ones.  I for one am no "futures" predictor of the rainfall, so I think even billing is appropriate.

Resident's concern of my fear of an illegal vote by Council (Andy Black voting for his replacement).  I don't see how Andy could possibly have voted.  The vote happens when there is a vacancy.  We had no vacancy at that Council meeting.  The Solicitor even said he assumed Andy wouldn't vote (before changing his mind).  It fails all logic and reason.

Pls see separate post to the resident on mowing and legality of Andy Black voting for his replacement.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes except accepting Minutes in which I abstained since I was absent from the previous meeting.  All were procedural in nature.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment